1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Updates and Belarcz: Is KB2656351 installed?

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by aidezmoi, Mar 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aidezmoi

aidezmoi Thread Starter

I've had consistent problems installing KB2656351. I got no error messages doing the update, but it kept reappearing in my list of WU. Finally, after running repair, Fixit, etc., Windows showed the KB2656351 update to both the .NET framework 4 Client Profile and .NET framework 4 Extended successfully installed on March 8, 2013, and both appear in the Windows Update list Update History and also in the list of Installed Updates, as well as in Control Panel. The update continued to appear for download/installation, however, and I finally hid it. Belarc indicates the KB2656351 has not been installed, and lists the update as Critical rather than Important (as WU does).

Is this update actually installed, or do I need to take further action?

Thank you for any help with this conflicting information!

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2 OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i3 CPU 550 @ 3.20GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5 Processor Count: 4 RAM: 6007 Mb Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 5450, 1024 Mb Hard Drives: C: Total - 939685 MB, Free - 878557 MB; J: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 299770 MB; Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0C2KJT Antivirus: Microsoft Security Essentials, Updated and Enabled

2. huggie54

huggie54

3. aidezmoi

aidezmoi Thread Starter

Thank you for your reply! You mention "uninstall any .net 4 components"; I'm guessing this is done in the normal way via Contorl Panel Uninstall, right? Should I attempt Repair before uninstalling? I have seen the Net Framework Cleanup Tool User's Guide at the link you supplied, and I admit to finding the caveats pretty intimidating. Perhaps I need to spend more time on the site, but so far I haven't found anything on reinstalling the offending .Net Framework 4. Is this simply done through Windows Update? Thanks for contending with my very basic questions!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1093115

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice