windows updates made computer worse

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

kaylyn00

i have windows xp. i recently ran updates for the first time since having it for a few months. complete disaster. all my display settings are messed up. my computer wont restore to previous points. and sometimes boxes that pop up for programs have no words. i dont know whats going on. any help would be usegful. is there any way to undo windows updates... or any way to fix my system restore to go back to before i did the updates.?

kaylyn00

honestly i dont know. all i know is it said i had new updates and i let them do... i am new to this whole computer thing. maybe you can tell me where i can look to find what i updated.... i have xp. do you have any other type of messenger? where we wcould chat and you could explain. i use yahoo messenger and my name there is crzybytch4life

The main cause of this problem is most likely you have sevice pack 2 installed. Go to control panel---->system. It should be under the general tab and should say either :2002 base edition, service pack 1 or service pack 2. Tell us if you have sp2 or not.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online