1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows updates wont install

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Keylala, Jul 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keylala

Keylala Thread Starter

I have a Dell Inspiron 531, Vista Home Premium 32-bit operating system and AMD 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4400
    Just recently my internet explorer will either 1. shut down w/o an error message or 2. error msg: Internet Explorer has stopped working, and restarts. I downloaded Firefox, thinking it may be a problem with Internet Explorer but the same thing occurs. I just recently noticed Windows Update has not been installing and I think that once this problem is resolved it will resolve my web browser problems? I looked under the update history and it says the last complete update was 2/15/09, Windows Defender is the only thing that has successfully updated since. I pinpointed Windows Update Software 7.2.6001.788 has failed each time since 2/15/09. Error code 8024D00F. When I attempt to manually install update it gets stuck on the first one. I just attempted it again and now it can’t even check for updates Error Code 8024001B. I started my computer in safe mode but Windows Update wont open at all, but Internet Explorer works fine and does not close. I performed a complete scan for spyware and did a manage and quarantine, which I read may help. Nothing has changed.
    I would appreciate any suggestions. I have run out of things to do. Thanks again!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/848184

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice