Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows user needs help to clone HDD

1K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  clackey3 
#1 ·
Home security camersa system uses 2TB WD Purple Surveilance Hard Drive, now 7 years old.
I bought new one.

Raleigh NC, where can I get the HDD cloned?

#6 ·
As many home security systems are sold without hard drives, it would seem that you don't need to do anything but install a new drive and the onboard firmware in the system will format it as needed.

#7 ·
Thanks for that "new to me" information!
I guess my usage of the word "home" indeed does include a new "market place: consumer category. That is not what I have. I have a traditional business system with 5 cameras. I believe visual presence of cameras is intimidation, and very useful... even when not functioning.

#8 ·
If you have a spare blank HDD lying around, you could just try to stick it in and see what happens. I'm not sure how physically accessible the system is, but it may be worth a shot.

My home system has 4 cameras with capability built in to add 4 more.

#10 ·
Try to get into the system's menu and poke around. Probably under administration or advanced. On my (home) system it was under advance settings. There was a HDD info section and from there I could format my drive. Have you got the manual for the system? Or can you find it online?

#11 ·
If you have the duplicator it should do it all for you. When you clone old linux the new hdd/sdd
should be an exact match.
As Gr3iz pointed out you should be able to just plug it in without cloning.
What is the make and model of your system.

#12 ·
A "Stand Alone Duplicator" means it does not need to be connected to a computer to duplicate one drive to another. It copies one bit at a time from one drive to the other so that you end up with an exact duplicate.

#15 ·
Excellent! Did you have to clone the drive? Or did the firmware know enough to format it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.