Windows Vista 64Bit and Ram??

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Wyatt R Hicks

Ok, lemme start with what i have. i have window vista 64bit home premium edition..and i have 2 ram slots with a total of 4gigs. i want to know if i can upgrade to more ram..but limited to only my two slots? any help guys.:confused:

Are you having problems with speed and that is why you want to increase RAMs?
If you have a spare SD Card with at least 8GB you could try Speedboost, it will help a little bit.
If your machine is in good shape and you have a bit of Pocket money, you could try Win7, it works a bit better than Vista.
Just a thought.
Ray

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Wyatt:

With a triple-core processor and 4 GB of RAM, your Acer Aspire AX3200 shouldn't be having a slowness issue.

DoubleHelix already advised you that it's already maxed out on RAM, so adding more isn't an option.

Can you advise us why you wanted to add more RAM?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Wyatt R Hicks

much really just wanted it to handle more multitasking..i saw that some people had only two slot. but they put 4gb ram per slot. but im just gonna up grade to the phenom quad cores :) are those any good..cause this triple is good..but i want more.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online