1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista 64Bit and Ram??

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Wyatt R Hicks, Dec 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Wyatt R Hicks

Wyatt R Hicks Thread Starter

Ok, lemme start with what i have. i have window vista 64bit home premium edition..and i have 2 ram slots with a total of 4gigs. i want to know if i can upgrade to more ram..but limited to only my two slots? any help guys.:confused:

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

If you have the Acer Aspire X3200, it only supports 4GB of RAM.

3. Wyatt R Hicks

dang..well that stinks.

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Are you having problems with speed and that is why you want to increase RAMs?
    If you have a spare SD Card with at least 8GB you could try Speedboost, it will help a little bit.
    If your machine is in good shape and you have a bit of Pocket money, you could try Win7, it works a bit better than Vista.
    Just a thought.
    Ray

5. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Wyatt:

With a triple-core processor and 4 GB of RAM, your Acer Aspire AX3200 shouldn't be having a slowness issue.

DoubleHelix already advised you that it's already maxed out on RAM, so adding more isn't an option.

Can you advise us why you wanted to add more RAM?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Wyatt R Hicks

much really just wanted it to handle more multitasking..i saw that some people had only two slot. but they put 4gb ram per slot. but im just gonna up grade to the phenom quad cores :) are those any good..cause this triple is good..but i want more.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971891

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice