1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows vista and nero 7

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by ch1, Feb 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

I an running windows vista home prem/ and nero 7 for vista . When i use nero burning rom to burn a movie my desktop toolbar turns white and my gadget side bar is white also . The burning rom burns ok and then i have to log off and log back on to get the desktop to back to it's propular color and everything is ok . What is causing it to change colors when i use nero 7 any help thanks

2. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Its possibly a conflict with the Aero theme, not all programs work with that theme and sometimes it gets turned off, it shouldn't do what you describe but that may be another glitch of many.

But the Nero 7 with the latest patches does work with the final release of Vista. Your Nero may not be up-to-date. Go to their site and check for new patches. Also check for newer drivers for your video card. Both ATI and NVidia are hard at work trying to fix the numerous issues their drivers currently have.

3. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

Thanks i did not think about the areo thing i will go back and try something different and also check on the new drivers for my nvidia drivers thanks . will let you know if that works.

4. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

Thanks i took of the windows aero and checked the windows vista and it seams to work find thank again i will remenber how to do this if i want to go back to windows aero .

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
  6. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

Thanks for the info. everything is up to date and with changing the windows theme that solve the problem thanks again.

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

I think you may need some missing directx files. Vista does not ship with dx-9c but a lightened version called dx-9L to give backwards compatability from dx-10.

The missing files from 9-c cause issues with nero in vista. Go to http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en and do the dx web update. This does not mean you will be running dx-9c instead of dx-10. It only fills in the missing files from dx-9c, your machine will still be a dx-10 machine.

Whew, I hope I explained that so it can be understood. Rough one to explain. :rolleyes:

8. rainforest123

rainforest123

chi1
    Please explain "Thanks i took of the windows aero and checked the windows vista and it seams to work find thank again i will remenber how to do this if i want to go back to windows aero ."

Please tell me the steps you took.

I am trying to learn more about Vista.

Sincerely,
    RF123

9. ch1

ch1 Thread Starter

no problem, I just went into control panel and went into windows theme and change the windows them from windows areo to windows ,appearance and personalization, change the theme, under windows theme there is a drop down box call theme, in it i chose wndows vista and that got me out of windows aero and the program work find . hope that help a little. Also check to see if you have the up todate directx for windows vista as subscribe above.

10. rainforest123

rainforest123

Thanks, Ch1.

Yes, I went to the link provided by Skivvywaver. It makes no sense to me that M$ft would ship an OS with only part of a version of DirectX. Darn you Bill Gate$.

Thanks again, Ch1.

RF123

11. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    Thats odd because the Nero I installed included the DX 9.0 redistributable...its part of the latest Nero 7 Enhanced Edition update.

12. ady_wild_kid

ady_wild_kid

I have Vista Ultimate and also Nero 7 and it works perfect ( I have also Aero theme)! ! !

13. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/542928

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice