1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Application Hotkey Issue

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by apinel, Apr 30, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. apinel

apinel Thread Starter

Yesterday I created a folder in my desktop with shortcuts to my most commonly used apps. (i.e. email, web browers, RSS, etc). I also went into the properties of each app. and created a hotkey for each. It worked wonderfully and made me very productive. However, just a couple of hours ago, the hotkeys stopped working (for all the apps. that I created hotkeys for). The basic hotkeys (i.e. CTRL+ALT+DEL) still work though. I checked the properties of the shortcuts again and the hotkeys are still there. The only thing I did recently was install HP upgrade for my printer and enabled/disabled bluetooth. Can anyone help?

2. pcs365_4

pcs365_4

3. apinel

apinel Thread Starter

I changed my hotkeys from CTRL+ALT+KEY TO CTRL+SHIFT+KEY and this seems to have fixed the problem. It seems that assigning the traditional CTRL+ALT+KEY for application hotkeys is not very sustainable with Windows (it's buggy).

Thanks anyways.

4. apinel

apinel Thread Starter

It was short lived. The problem came back...

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920336

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice