Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Vista error of unknown origin

850 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  arisley28 
#1 ·
Okay, the title sounds vague, but I can give more information.

I am currently running Windows Vista on my HP Pavilion laptop. About a month ago, I started having an issue when Vista launched. After all of the pre-load process had finished executing, I got a message that said that Windows Explorer had stopped responding, and was restarting. Then a whole slew of programs and Windows services went through the same process. Everything from McAfee to my touchpad management software either restarted or stopped all together, and then the computer rebooted.

Now whenever I start up the computer, I still get the same problem with the following two processes: Windows Explorer, and Task Scheduler Engine. The computer does not go into a forced reboot anymore.

Certain programs have not worked properly since. The most notable are IE, Windows Live Messenger, and Yahoo Messenger. IE behaves like I have no active connection, and I can't sign into either of the messengers. Oddly enough, Firefox works just fine - no problems connecting to the net and opening pages.

As I am the only one who uses this computer, I have no idea where this could have come from.

If anyone has any suggestions, please let me know.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.