Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows vista freezes on boot up, only safe mode works perfect

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  AssassinWarrior 
#1 ·
Hello all I have an acer aspire 9410z with windows vista home premium on it and I recently wanted to do a clean install because it had alot of junk on it so i tried to do a clean install and it did everything but now when I try and turn it on it just gets stuck on the loading screen with the green bar on the bottom. If I boot up in safe mode it loads nicely with no problem. I have been working on this problem for about a month with no solution. Any help I get will be very appreciative so in advance I thank you all.

-chexican-

#3 ·
I have done a reinstall on it, it loaded files and then it froze at the same spot with green loading bar i took out the hd and installed windows vista on it on a different pc and pluged the hd back into the laptop and it came up one time installed drivers re booted and it just froze again

thanks

#4 ·
try this and see if you have a hardware issue -
This will run a completely different operating system from the CD

UBUNTU
It may be possible to boot from another Operating System
This will at least test the Hardware and also see if you can see the Harddrive and possibly get data off.

If you have another PC with a cdwriter and spare CD
goto http://www.ubuntu.com/ and download the ISO

full details are here http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/wind...backup-files-from-your-dead-windows-computer/

click on the image "download ubuntu"
Select a location
then begin download
Save the file onto your PC - remember where you saved it - so you can find it again to create the image bootable CD.

You do NOT copy the ISO file onto a CD - you have to use the ISO to create a bootable CD
The CD creator software you have on the PC may have an option to create an image from an ISO
If not - use this free program http://www.imgburn.com/

When the UBUNTU CD boots - you will see the following options
1) Try ubunto without any change to your computer
2) Install ubuntu
3) Check CD for defects
4) Test memory
5) Boot from first hard disk.

Use OPTION 1 "Try ubunto without any change to your computer" ONLY this option this will run from the CD and not install onto your harddrive - be careful, if you do install onto the PC - you will wipe the data and software OFF your hard drive.., so repeat only use option 1

Now you should see a UBUNTU desktop
This at least proves the main parts of the PC are working

You may see your Harddrive on the desktop - if not have in look in the places on the tool bar at the top of the screen.

If you can see your harddrive - see if you can find the your datafiles -
XP look in "documents and settings" under the user name you had on the PC
Vista look in "user" under the user name you had on the PC

Now if you have a USB flash drive or external harddrive - you should be able to copy your data from the harddrive onto the USB device

If you still have issues mounting the harddrive:
On the main menu of Ubuntu, there's an option to Check CD for defects. I ran this and was able to mount the C Drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.