1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Home Basic Download

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by oldjunk, Apr 5, 2019.

Advertisement
  1. oldjunk

oldjunk Thread Starter

First Name:
    Mike
    I need a safe link to the Windows Vista Home Basic, SP 2, OS. I'll need to move the file to thumb drive for installing. I tried another download link and it was virus infected.

Thanks.

2. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
  3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    What I suspect Mike is actually looking for is the .ISO file for Windows Vista Home Basic SP2 32-bit or 64-bit so he can create a bootable install disc.

---------------------------------------------------------------

cwwozniak likes this.
  4. cwwozniak

cwwozniak Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Chuck
    Whoops. You are correct, I may have read Mike's post the wrong way. I found discussions on other forums that seem to agree that there is no download available from Microsoft. Some mention downloads are available from Digital River, which I believe Microsoft has used for downloads. However, the URLs in the link seems to be to digital river sound alike domains.

5. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    May need to get with the OEM of this machine and get a system disk from them, IF they even have them any more!

6. peterh40

peterh40

First Name:
    Peter
  7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1225443

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice