Windows Vista Home Premium problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

marcusgale

I have no idea what this is, but sometimes when I'm browsing the internet, or if I play a game or etc. my computer will make this loud breathing noise, as if it's pushing out air or something. It does it throughout the whole day of me being on it, how do I stop it and make my comp be silent again?

alwrmc

B.L.
I do not believe this is a Vista problem. More likely it is caused by a fan coming on suddenly or accerating suddenly. You neglected to give any system details so we are unable to make better guesses. It could be that a video card is getting too hot and the fan is spinning up to aid in the cool down. It could be because the air flow is blocked (dust etc) and fan(s) are spinning up to try to aid in the cool down. I just reformatted an old Pentium II system for a guy. He had never cleaned it, never knew he had to he said. When I opened it up I was amazed that it could even boot up because of dust/lint/dirt on the fans and vent screens. I had never seen a computer that clogged up before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Staff online

Members online