1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Home Premium problem

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by marcusgale, Apr 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marcusgale

marcusgale Thread Starter

I have no idea what this is, but sometimes when I'm browsing the internet, or if I play a game or etc. my computer will make this loud breathing noise, as if it's pushing out air or something. It does it throughout the whole day of me being on it, how do I stop it and make my comp be silent again?

2. alwrmc

alwrmc

First Name:
    B.L.
    I do not believe this is a Vista problem. More likely it is caused by a fan coming on suddenly or accerating suddenly. You neglected to give any system details so we are unable to make better guesses. It could be that a video card is getting too hot and the fan is spinning up to aid in the cool down. It could be because the air flow is blocked (dust etc) and fan(s) are spinning up to try to aid in the cool down. I just reformatted an old Pentium II system for a guy. He had never cleaned it, never knew he had to he said. When I opened it up I was amazed that it could even boot up because of dust/lint/dirt on the fans and vent screens. I had never seen a computer that clogged up before.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700822

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice