1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Home Premium(Service Pack 2)

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Valianteagle96, Aug 6, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Valianteagle96

Valianteagle96 Thread Starter

Hello everybody, am a new user on this forum.

I seem to be having trouble with my operating system on my Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Li 3710 laptop. I am running Windows Vista Home Premium Serivce pack 2 which came preinstalled on the laptop when i bought it new 4 years ago. Albeit it is a little slow these days and i just did a defrag on it. But anyway, a random BSOD turned up when i was surfing the internet like i do everyday, i was also using a flash application to upload a video to Youtube. It restarted the computer, and when the windows logo comes up before the login screen fades in, it now comes up with a BSOD(Don't ask what it said, it came on and off too quick). Now running in Safe Mode with networking that runs fine. Can anyone help me with this?

Cheers,
    Scott

2. pip22

pip22

In safe mode, disable "Automatic restart" in:
    Control Panel > System > Advanced System Settings > Startup and Recovery [Settings]
    Untick "Automatically restart" and click 'OK'.

Now try to restart normally and when the BSOD appears it should stay up, allowing you to read it.
    Post what it says on there, especially the error statement in block caps, and the BCC data below it.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1064083