1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Installation Problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Sean_F, Apr 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sean_F

Sean_F Thread Starter

I have a Sony Vaio laptop, and my hard drive got corrupted. I have purchased a new hard drive, installed it, and am now having issues installing Windows Vista Business. I am forced to boot up from the installation disk (as there is no OS currently installed). I select the "Custom - Advanced" option for installation. Then where it asks "Where Do You Want To Install Windows?" I get an error message "Windows is unable to find a system volume that meets its criteria for installation." I've found guides that say to partition the drive, but when I do that I get error " This computers hardware may not support booting to this disk. Ensure the disk's controller is enabled in the computers BIOS menu." But when I access the BIOS, I cant see where to enable the controller. I've also tried to load the mother board driver that I downloaded from Sony, but the computer does not recognize the file. HELP!!!!!!!!!

2. oksteve

oksteve

by coincidence I just re-installed Vista and I remember there being on one of the installation pages a troubleshooting link.

Failing that try each option available from the installation disc.

Alternatively see if you can get an update for your bios.

Or try booting from safe mode.

3. Bernardo

Bernardo

The hard drive must be formatted first.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/917328

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice