Windows Vista Laptop says error and wont run Recovery! HALP!!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jacfalcon

Earlier today I was using my laptop and had a monitor plugged in (if that matters) and I was listening to music and organizing files (it has no problems with minor multitasking like that), and I left for a bit. When I came back everything but the mouse was frozen. I tried CTRL+ALT+DEL and a buncha stuff and eventually had to restart it. Now it gives me an error when trying to start. It gets through the Dell loading logo, but brings up a menu with the options:
Launch Startup Repair (recommended)
Start Windows Normally

When I click option 1, the screen goes black for a second like it is trying, but then goes right back to that menu. The other option (2) pretty much resets the computer, and then brings me back to that menu. I've tried restarting, and I also ran the repair option with my Vista disc (original OS), which finished but didn't do anything.

I have no idea what to do, and I'm REALLY DESPERATE! I need my laptop to work! PLEASE HELP!!!

Thanks a BUNCH!
-Jac Falcon

jacfalcon

I was given some directions at another forum, which didn't work, but accidentally made me run the repair test again. Then it rebooted and now it WORKS! Um... so yeah... it is fixed, lol.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online