1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Limited Connectivity?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by NGAMER, Jul 16, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NGAMER

NGAMER Thread Starter

So for the last couple weeks my HP Pavillion dv2000 has been working, but now it won't connect to the internet. I have been trying everything that other forums say to do, but so far none of the diagnostics have worked. Please help me, I'm so frustrated that I might pay $65 to Best Buy to get my computer fixed :(.

2. Megabite

Megabite

Have you looked in Device Manager....also what is the Make and Model of the PC

Open Device Manager

Press down and hold the Windows Logo key the press the Pause Break key together another screen will open..
    click on Device Manager
    Go down the list and click on the + sign for Network Adapters and expand it....see what is says for your Adaptersand are there any warning signs

3. NGAMER

NGAMER Thread Starter

Sorry for not being here two days ago and responding to some of your answers but i will be here. Anyways, my vista laptop has had a limited connection for some weeks now and i cannot connect to the internet. I'm getting kinda frustrated..... please help!!!

4. ISDP

ISDP

Can you answer the questions Megabite asked?

5. NGAMER

NGAMER Thread Starter

yes it says the following:

Broadcom 802.11 b/g WLAN
    NVIDIA nforce networking controller

6. NGAMER

NGAMER Thread Starter

Oh yeah, no warning signs on them

7. ISDP

ISDP

Whats the manufacture of the computer and model number along with the operating system?

Please post those, To check the basics did you reinstall/update the wireless drivers? A

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/843865

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice