1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows vista on gateway gt5412 not working

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by johnboy9, Dec 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. johnboy9

johnboy9 Thread Starter

Hi guys I may be posting on the wrong part of the forum so i apolligize firts off. I am not good at computers and I am having trouble with my gateway gt5412 with windows vista. The system will load and let me get to the main screen saver and load all the programs but when I let it go for a few minutes it will lock up and do nothing. Even if I go right to the internet it will let me get the home page and it turns to a fainted color and does nothing. I have tried to hit control alternate delete to reset the computer and it wont let me do that so I just hit the power button on the tower. I then start the system again and it will do the same thing all over again. I cant run a disk in the computer because it quit reading them. Sorry about the lack of knowledge I have but I am in a rock and a hard place. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Johnboy9

2. johnboy9

johnboy9 Thread Starter

I was just trying to get it to work and it comes up as not responding when you open up somthimg on the internet. I have lnksys for our lap top and are desktop runs threw that. i have unhooked the lnksys and put the desktop back threw the road runner and that didnt help it at all. Any other info that may be helpful I will try to answer ant questions you have to help me get this desktop figured out Thanks again

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971052

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice