1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista problems

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Scottcairns, Jan 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Scottcairns

Scottcairns Thread Starter

Hey i got Windows Vista installed it but dont like it and its messing with my other software since it isnt compatable yet.. and went to uninstall it and i cant.. When i put in my old disk for Windows XP Media Centre Version it says i cant instal it since i have a new version of windows on the computer so i cant delete it.. Help me please.. im just trying to get windows vista off and go back to windows xp media centre edition..

2. Scottcairns

Err HELP PLEASE?...

3. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

You need to boot your computer from your XP Cd. From there you can delete the existing Vista Install and reinstall XP.

4. Scottcairns

What you mean

Put cd in the reboot? i tried that..

5. Squashman

Squashman Trusted Advisor

Is your bios set to boot from the CD first. Does it ask you to press a key to boot from the CD.

6. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

You will lose everything by going through this process. Back up your data if you haven't already.

7. techy689

techy689

Delete the partitions and do a clean install....

8. Scottcairns

Thanks... got it working now. :) (y)

9. techy689

techy689

up towards the top of this screen it will say thread tools. from the drop down menu select 'marked solved' then select 'perform action'. best of luck.

10. nuffera

nuffera

Don't you boys know that you never, never, never invest in the first year of a new program? Too many glitches, messes up everything! Same for buying a brand new
    never been tried car! :(

11. malewis48

malewis48

How did you solve the problem. I would like to do the same thing.

12. wizzy2k5

wizzy2k5

the two easy ways i find are the following

1 - boot off the cd and delete the partition, make a new partition and install it on that

or

2 - download active killdisk http://www.killdisk.com/downloadfree.htm , run it, once wiped boot off the cd and do a fresh install

13. trevbeadle

trevbeadle

I had the same problem with freeze up . Only switching off with the button would restart. Then it would freeze again. Tried everything including selective start-up, removing software etc but nothing helped. Then I read someone had the same problems and changed 'Power Options' in "Control Panel\Hardware and Sound" from 'Balanced' to 'High Performance'. A 2 second fix!!. It's certainly worked for me!!!! TRY IT!!

14. shahpa101

shahpa101

If u have an recovery cd try that i had the same problem u did i also had media center edition but it would not come back so i used my pc recovey disc to bring back xp if that dose reformat ur DOS

15. zeeshan

zeeshan

hey guys....
    i just bought dis new comp...its got all d top of d line stuff like core 2 duo proc,1 gb ram ,160 gb hard disk,320 mb graphic card....but have found vista 2 b really really slow..it takes ages 2 install a game and since im a gamer...sum of d games i play...which my comp is completely equipped 4 gets stuck and freezes very frequently...
    is der ne way i can correct dis prob....please help me out ppl

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/536910

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice