1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows vista restore to factory settings.

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Darkofdawn, Dec 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Darkofdawn

Darkofdawn Thread Starter

I have a windows vista home premium, 32-bit, manufactured by zoostorm, model A6VMX VP Series M11 (I don't know if this info is helpful, if you need more please ask :)), it came with NO installation disk/recoverydisc/whateveritis disc.
    I want to reset it to factory settings, I don't want ANY of the stuff I have, so please don't talk to me about backing up files.
    I am NOT paying unless there is absolutly no way of doing it other than paying.
    I think I may need to create a recovery disc, I have found this (trusted) website and downloaded something to be able to make a recovery disc, it worked for my windows 7 laptop, but it doesn't work on this pc.
    IF you can help, thank you :D
    Thanks for takeing the time to read and reply

2. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    If you want recovery/restore disks you can get them usually from who made the computer like dell, hp, lenovo, ibm, etc.They dont usually cost a lot to get.And it will restore the computer back to the way it was when it left the factory with the operating system it came with.

3. Darkofdawn

Darkofdawn Thread Starter

IS there any way to create a recovery disc?
    I know there is a way to make one for windows 7, beacuse I have done it, but is there a way to make one for windows vista

4. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I would assume its done the same way as a backup disk as you did for windows 7. I dont make recovery or backups for any of my computers because i have all the drivers, programs, and operating systems on cds/dvds that i need for each computer.If my computer crashes or the hard drives fail i dont lose anything.Im sure someone can advise you further who has done this.

5. gimire

gimire

OK my friend has a Dell Inspiron 1545. His computer won't boot up completely. he wants me to restore it only he doesn't have the disk and when i hit F8 i got to (Advanced Boot Options) Screen then I hit the (Repair Your Computer) option. this is supposed to take you to the Restore Dell To Factory Options. Only it takes you to (Windows Error Recovery) Screen instead and the only to options are (Launch Startup Repair (recommended)) and (Start Windows Normally). L.S.R does nothing but go to a Black Screen for 15 second and then right back to the W.E.R Screen. S.W.N tries to boot up the Computer which it can't so it goes to a black screen. I left it like that to see if it would do anything else and it sat there for an hour. Trying Ctrl+F11 only takes me to this same Screen W.E.R. So why is there no option to Restore Factory Settings what am i doing Wrong.

6. SUEOHIO

SUEOHIO

First Name:
    SUE
    I also have an inspiron 1545 but mine is running windows xp.The only thing i can think of is that possibly the recovery partition has been wiped out or is corrupted somehow.He can try getting the restore disk for that model from dell or can look on the internet to see if he can find a dell branded restore/recovery cd.There is quite a few places that besides dell and ebay that do sell genuine dell recovery disks.Over the years i have found ones for my dells and my ibm/lenovos and they have worked just fine.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1029808

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice