Windows Vista - security center shows bitdefender firewall active...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

BondGirl

I have uninstalled bitdefender some time ago. A security alert keeps coming up saying that I have more than one firewall active on my computer, bitdefender being one and windows live onecare being the other. I am happy with windows live onecare.

I have downloaded and run the "bitdefender uninstall tool" and this removes the fragments (?) of the firewall completely and the security messages shows that bitdefender is gone...

however my problem is that when i used the bitdefender uninstall tool, the tool deletes my broadband internet connection. my modems and routers etc are working fine. It disables all ethernet connectivity and deletes internet connection protocol settings, meaning that i cannot even create a new network to replace the ones deleted by the uninstall tool.

The only way i have been able to fix the internet connection problem is to use system restore and that works.... but bitdefender firewall is reportedly active. I repeat i have already uninstalled bitdefender. So why the heck is it still active on my computer?

Someone suggested to me to completely reinstall windows and that will get rid of bitdefender, but i am not keen on doing this as my computer runs really well, i just don't want there to be conflicts or "slowages" between windows live onecare and bitdefender.

if anyone has any ideas then please help!

system is as follows:

Windows Vista Home Premium
windows vista updates all up to date
Hewlett Packard m8070a media center pc
intel pentium D cpu 2.80ghz
ram 3GB
32 bit operating system
200GB HDD
80GB HDD
DVD super multi drive/CD writer

Programs:
Windows live Onecare
Adaware
CCleaner

Thanks in advance.

I had a similar problem with Avira antivirus on an XP machine, I emailed Avira tech support and they sent me a VBS script to download and run, which removes entries in and resets the security centre. You could try contacting Bitdefender here, they might be able to provide something similar.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online