1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by aku, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. aku

aku Thread Starter

Kia ora from New Zealand,

My laptop was taken back to factory condition almost four weeks ago, and all the Windows updates downloaded - which took hours!

The problem I am having is Windows Vista Service Pack 1 KB936330 wants to download yet again.
    My Windows Update History shows this Service Pack was first downloaded successfully on 28 June, successfully again on 29 June, Canceled on 29 June, Successful on 29 June, Canceled on 9 July, Failed on 9 July, Canceled on 10 July. Should I let the Service Pack 1 Instal qagain, and perhaps delete the earlier versions - or what?

Another problem:
    My laptop beeps then freezes. This has happend about five times since 28 June. Could this be related to the Service Pack problem? Or could it be a memory problem. My laptop is an HP Pavilion entertainment dv2000 series. I bought it in 2007 so it's a little oldie but a goodie.

Thank you for reading my post.
    Regards
    Aku

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    The HP Pavilion dv2000 series laptop has several models, so we need to confirm which one you have.

Advise us what the product number(P/N) and/or model number(M/N) is that's on one of the stickers.

---------------------------------------------------------

Does the factory restore install Windows Vista(original version) or Windows Vista SP1?

Depending on which one it does, you need to download and save the full SP1 and/or SP2 upgrades and then burn them to CD's or a DVD.

Once the factory restore is complete and the computer is restarted, you need to install the SP1 and/or SP2 upgrades.

Once the upgrade(s) is installed and the computer is restarted, you need to go to Windows Update, then download and install the important/recommended updates.

The goal is to get Windows Vista up-to-date before you start installing programs and extras in that computer.

--------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1103830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice