Windows Vista, SO SO slow since sister had it!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

nd3_2000

HI everyone,

I have gotten hold of my sister's windows vista machine that she had from brand new about 3 years ago but now is SO slow on start up, runs really slow, constantly not responds etc for ages then kicks in!

I have said I would look into helping her out to fix it but really nto sure where the best place to start is.

I am defragging it as I speak which has taken 4 hours so far and no idea when that will be complete.

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea on where to start really to get it back to its glory days.......or just working at a reasonable speed would be great

Thanks to anyone who may help

Cheers
Neil

DaveA

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
First Name
David
First thing to check is what "Protection" programs are running?
If there is more than 1 AV program installed remove all but one.

If there are any of the "Registry Cleaners" or "Speed up my PC type's" back up all data and get ready to do a system rebuild back to factory settings.

What is the make and model of this machine?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online