1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista, SO SO slow since sister had it!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by nd3_2000, Dec 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nd3_2000

nd3_2000 Thread Starter

HI everyone,

I have gotten hold of my sister's windows vista machine that she had from brand new about 3 years ago but now is SO slow on start up, runs really slow, constantly not responds etc for ages then kicks in!

I have said I would look into helping her out to fix it but really nto sure where the best place to start is.

I am defragging it as I speak which has taken 4 hours so far and no idea when that will be complete.

I wonder if anyone could give me an idea on where to start really to get it back to its glory days.......or just working at a reasonable speed would be great

Thanks to anyone who may help

Cheers
    Neil

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    David
    First thing to check is what "Protection" programs are running?
    If there is more than 1 AV program installed remove all but one.

If there are any of the "Registry Cleaners" or "Speed up my PC type's" back up all data and get ready to do a system rebuild back to factory settings.

What is the make and model of this machine?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1082609

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice