1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista SP2 Remove Watermark

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by WWEFreak666, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. WWEFreak666

WWEFreak666 Thread Starter

Hello. I have an annoying watermark placed on the desktop on the very far bottom right corner. I'm all for looks and even though most of the time I don't see it, because I'm browsing the web or whatever, I'd still like to get rid of it since I am using a full genuine version of Windows Vista.

So I installed SP2. It works great, can't tell much difference, and it's not a installation problem. It's simply a watermark, that even people who downloaded the beta versions of SP1 had. Now I've tried the tutorials or whatever you'd like to call them on a couple of sites, they do get rid of the watermark, but when you restart as it tells you to do for it to take affect, you can't exit nor minimize out of windows. So I'm glad I made a backup copy of the original user32.dll.mui, as all I had to do was replace the user32.dll.mui.old (which is what your told to rename it as), and I restarted and everything works fine, just simply that ugly watermark is still there..

If there's a way to remove the watermark without affecting the ability to maximize, minimize, and close a window, please help.

I'd be very thankful for your help.

Thanks.

Edit: Here's a photo of my desktop with the watermark.. Ignore the additional stuff as it's Windows Vista, but with Objectdock.

[​IMG]

2. DaveA

DaveA Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    David
    SP2 is BETA and this is always there on beta copies. When the final release is made then it will NOT be there.

If you are going to run Beta software, then you need to learn to live with what the provider gives you.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777067

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice