1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista - Unable to install QuikTime

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by farmgirlga, Jul 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. farmgirlga

farmgirlga Thread Starter

I have a new computer system with Windows Vista. I was trying to load my son's iPod and iTunes on it when it indicated I needed to install QuikTime. I downloaded QuikTime and went to install it when I got the error number 2739 - installation of QuikTime did not install succesfully. What can I do to get QuikTime installed sucessfully? I have a 17 year old that is driving me nuts because he can't sync his iPod now. Thanks.

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Count your blessings! Quicktime... :eek:

Have you tried right clicking the installer and running as an admin.

Can also try setting it to run in XP compatibility mode.

If neither of those work, re download the installer.

3. katabby

katabby

I had the same problem-almost. Mine was error 2738 which is vbscript error. 2739 is a javascript error that can be easily fixed from the command prompt. http://www.adobe.com/go/kb401521 is a fix for adobe but will fix the problem with quicktime. My other problem was a 10 year old daughter with an ipod shuffle.

4. farmgirlga

farmgirlga Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. I really appreciate the help. I finally got it to working and now my 17 year old is back to talking to me. (I'm not sure what was better, the peace and quiet or the new music I have to listen to).

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/594516

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice