1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows vista upgrade question

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by jonnyg13, Oct 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jonnyg13

jonnyg13 Thread Starter

i currently have windows 2000, if i use the basic upgrade cd will i lose all my files and such if i dont save them to an external source? also would you recomend vista i have heard bad things about this system?
    thank you to whoever replies

2. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

You won't lose the files if your upgrading os. If you did a fresh install, then you lose it.

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Basic upgrade to what? There's always a risk in making a major system change, so if you plan to do anything, back up your data first.

If this computer came with Windows 2000 it probably doesn't meet the specs for Vista. You'd have to buy a new computer.

4. Hughv

Hughv

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/644896

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice