1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista was not running, but finally is, but is now running incredibly slow

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Victorysaber, Oct 31, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Victorysaber

Victorysaber Thread Starter

Ok, for the past few weeks, I had been getting a message that said a resource was missing, but I stupidly never wrote down what specifically was gone. It said that it could not open the Dell Dock because of it and windows explorer was running slow at times and restarting periodically. It did this for about three weeks, then, two nights ago, the computer froze, so I reset it, and it started on the green bar then black screen loop.

I tried running it in safe mode, no dice, and all other alternate boot options. It would hang up each time. Finally, I was able to get the system restore wizard up, this was earlier today, and reset the system to how it was 4 days ago. It actually opened Vista, but in low res mode and everything is painfully slow, except for the internet, which runs at normalish speeds.

Are there any possible causes or solutions for this?

I have a Dell Inspiron 530, and Windows Vista Home Premium 64 bit.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/873171

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice