1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Vista Won't upload files

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by lcc1980e, Jan 22, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. lcc1980e

lcc1980e Thread Starter

When I go to upload a document or pictures on to any website it moves really slow, then says "not responding" and the screen goes black for a brief moment. Sometimes my computer will freeze too. I have talked to my laptop manufacturer and they said it has to do with Vista. I called Qwest because I just got wireless service with them and they said to disable firewall and Norton. I did that and it still doesn't work. Can somebody help please? I am trying to upload my homework which is a word document onto my classroom website and it won't let me. Like I said it says "not responding".

2. huggie54

huggie54

is firefox your browser

3. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Is that the only site you've tried? Have you been able to upload your homework before? Have you contacted your instructor or the school to see if there's a problem with the site? Does your browser meet the site's recommendations?

4. lcc1980e

lcc1980e Thread Starter

I have Internet Explorer. I have talked to my instructor and all the other students have had no problems uploading their word documents.

5. lcc1980e

lcc1980e Thread Starter

I am also able to upload documents to that website from other computers, just not mine. I don't know what's wrong. I just had a new hard drive put into it because the other one crashed.

6. lcc1980e

lcc1980e Thread Starter

I have also tried to upload pictures on facebook, but that won't work either.

7. huggie54

huggie54

have a look at add ons for ie

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/896596