1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by drew38, Oct 29, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. drew38

drew38 Thread Starter

When i first start my pc in the morning.It freezes up. 3to4 times.In the evenning it's fine,no freeze ups at all.I have 320 GB hard drive and 2GB of ram.I am thinking i might have to update my drivers and a good registry clean up.What do you think? drew38, thanks :rolleyes:

2. Elvandil

Elvandil

Drivers do not need updating and registry cleaners only damage your machine with no possibility of doing any good. Both very bad ideas.

It sounds like a physical problem, either with heat, the hard drive, or the RAM.

Is it free of dust and all the vents clear with fans turning freely?

3. drew38

drew38 Thread Starter

Someone told me to clean the dust in my pc to preven freeze ups.Also that a registry cleaner would damage my machine.Can you elborate more on that.What does it damage.I was planning on buying PC Tools registry Mechanic-2011.I ran a free scan and it found 6 bad drivers and over 1000 issues wrong in the registry...I still think that's my problem with my slow pc and freeze ups...But i will try cleaning the dust first.Should i get the system cleaner and update those bad drivers?
    drew38,thanks ;)

4. abc12345

abc12345 Banned

5. Elvandil

Elvandil

Drivers that are working never need to be updated. Using online updaters can result in bad or incorrect drivers being installed.

Registry cleaners do not do anything except delete anything they don't understand. They make machines run slower because Windows and programs keep searching for the hacked out entries. They do not speed up your machine and can only do damage.

If your machine is suddenly running slower than usual, you probably have an infection. Go to the Malware forum for help cleaning up.

There is nothing wrong with your registry. They create the disease and then sell you the cure. Don't fall for it.

You have no bad drivers if your hardware is working. Don't change drivers and make things that work now stop working.

Though there are many people trying to sell "tools" for fixing your machine, all you really need is included with Windows. If you like a different defragger or something, fine, but you should know that it is not really needed.

There is a very good reason that MS does not include a registry cleaner with Windows. The registry takes care of itself just fine.

6. abc12345

abc12345 Banned

7. Elvandil

Elvandil

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    I've merged two of your threads here. Please do not start multiple threads on the same topic.

9. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    In your original post you said ...
    What is different between morning and evening? Temperature? Why do you seem to think the difference is software rather than hardware or environment?

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1024617

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice