Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows vista

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Triple6 
#1 ·
Hi, I'm new here but is asking for a lot of help. I have this 2006 I think windows vista 7 and I know it's a new upgrade to it. So I had internet on it at first wireless, and now I don't, I can't delete anything an my drive D because some files are corrupted, I can't boot the computer as well, or restore from a last point because it was turned off, I can't change so much on it, when I press f8 it won't bring up repair only safe mode etc. I have windows XP home edition and windows upgrade 95 CDs but I can't install nothing from them because of old files and I tired to add the WiFi but the realtek is not working on there idk but I know it's a lot more then one thing to clean my computer NEED HELP ASAP!!! PLEASE

#2 ·
You've marked your thread as Solved, was that by accident or did you find a solution to your issues?

Windows Vista is a different operating system than Windows 7. There are no free upgrades to Vista, Windows 7 did have a free upgrade to Windows 10 but officially that ended a while ago. A computer from 2006 probbaly shouldn't be upgraded to Windows 10 though.

If you computer is from 2006 then it's time for a new, or at least a newer Windows 7 or 10, computer.

#3 ·
Yes that wasn't meant to be solved but no I was guessing when my mom got it but she told me she got this computer an 2008 and Microsoft said the software is old but can be updated and i want to but I have to pay them to tell me how to delete things off the computer it's not old the software just is really and I can do it but the WiFi don't work on it will the file is not reading it or its missing

#4 ·
Did you call/chat with the real Microsoft or one of the thousands of fake sites/services that claim they are affiliated with Microsoft but are just scammers or gouge you for service and recurring service plans?

2008 is still almost 10 years old and Vista would have been new back then. Any Windows upgrade you would have to purchase and cost at least $100 if genuine. If you purchase a legit Windows and pay someone to install it and fix your computer you will likely have spent way more than what the computer is worth and more than a better newer one likely costs too.

#6 ·
I have to agree with Triple6. Efforts to fix this computer will be futile unless you spend more money than the machine is worth. appx $0.00. WiFi is the least of your worries.

Sorry for the bad news but I can't in good conscience recommend attempting to fix this computer.

The corruption (you mention) and inability to boot correctly is likely the hard drive failing. If PC does happen to boot correctly at some point something will likely fail again.

#7 ·
I also doubt the computer can be properly fixed renotely, especially if a Windows install/upgrade is required. That's usually an in person repair. But again I think you'd be flushing money down the toilet instead of just replacing the computer, you can get used computers with current versions of Windows less than what any reputable repair service would charge for a legitimate copy of Windows plus the service work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.