Windows was unable to complete the format (USB)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

lolicon123

it's a corsair flash voyager 16 gb. problem is in title that's the error i get when trying too format my usb tried chaning from fat too ntfs did not make any difference thought any ideas?

getting "media is write protected. format cannot be completed"
Using what? Is this just a normal USB thumb drive? Is there is "read-only" switch on it like on SD cards? Are you using the suggested HP tool (which also repartitions the drive)?

lolicon123

was using swissknife, nah no read only switch, yea but you have to regsiter to update your drivers and i rather buy a new usb then pay 30 dollars for it lol

mtzlplex

Account Closed
You`re not selecting the correct download button to get the HP utility, it isn`t the red button, it`s the blue button underneath it. That will take you to the download page. On the right side of the page you will see "Download Locations" in blue, choose your location to download from, and click on it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online