Windows was unable to connect...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Loulou164

Hello, I have Windows 7 & am trying to connect to my roommates wifi, to no avail. Her laptop connects fine to the Linksys router. I called tech support & they said it's probably an IP address problem. I have no idea how to fix it & they wanted to charge me $100 to fix it. Very frustrated.

Fireflycph

Morten
Is the WIFI dualband? If so, does you machine have capabilities to connect at 5GHz? Is the 2.4GHz SSID active?

plodr

Liz
Instead of connecting to another computer, why aren't you connecting to the Linksys router?

Loulou164

Instead of connecting to another computer, why aren't you connecting to the Linksys router?
I'm not connectingto her comp, I just meant it must be my laptop that's the problem because her computer connects just fine.

plodr

Liz
1. What security is running on the router?
2. If you plug an ethernet cable from your laptop directly to the router, can you get to the internet? (If you don't have a CAT cable, buy one. We need to figure out if the problem is with the router, or perhaps the wifi on the router or on your laptop).
3. What is the exact model of Linksys?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online