1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows will not boot (only in safe mode)

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by bubushum, Jan 23, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bubushum

bubushum Thread Starter

I guess it's a virus because something is seriously wrong in the text in the beginning few screens before you get to that lovely green field where you choose what to log into. but before that if i just left the boot to run as it would normally it would go though will this weird text that has random vertical lines in them, it will scroll to just after finished with the loading screen with windows and I would get a very quick flash of a green screen with some very quick coding on it. then bam. back into reboot.

I can boot into safe-mode nicely by F8 at some stage to get into safemode with networking so I am OK sort of. I can't turn off my computer because as I have posted on the forums before my hard-drives buggered. so one is on it's way. but the problems is not with the hard-drive seen as when I unplug it I still get the glitchy text.

glitchy text-it like random lines upwards on words and black backgrounds it has a colour of dotted lines going up as well. but it's only in the text at booting up. once at the log in screen it's gone.

I am mainly asking if it is a virus that can be in my computer but not in hard-drive really, like I dunno, inert in my memory or in the small pile on stuff in my mother board. or weather it's made by a dust bunny or something. if it's just a virus on my hard-drive then I don't care as it'll be gone soon. and it if's a windows problem then I am upgrading to windows 7 soon as well (from XP) so any help would be grand or should I just wait and see???

2. bubushum

bubushum Thread Starter

I have ended up fixing the issue by thinking it was not a virus but a graphics problem not a virus as some of you probably guessed. I checked my grafics card and a pin had come loose, I re-attached it and updated the driver while in safe-mode and also trying the " baking the card" and they all worked together to make my card even better than before. the resolution has increased with no lag. sorry for post in wrong place anyway

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976502

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice