1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows will not boot up anymore.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by spoiledff7, Sep 20, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. spoiledff7

spoiledff7 Thread Starter

I recently left my PC in my flat for the summer and when I came back to it 7 weeks later to turn it on Windows XP wouldn't boot up.

I turned on the PC and the Windows XP Home loading screen came up but it was all funny colours and then after that screen where it usually asks me for my password the screen just went black except for some strange lines of colours across the screen. At first I thought it was the monitor but I have since tried that on someone else's PC. The PC will now occasionally boot up in Safe Mode but that only happens once every 10 trys or so and when it does it still has the strange colour scheme all over the monitor. I have no idea what could possibly be wrong whether it be a loose connection in the machine or something. Any sort of help on whats wrong will be greatly appreciated.

2. scmazter

scmazter

Well, if it's not the monitor, it's probably the graphics.
    Do you use a graphics card or intergrated geaphics?

3. spoiledff7

spoiledff7 Thread Starter

Its ok now I took it round to my friends house and apparently it was the RAM and he put a new 256MB in and it works fine now. Cheers though.

4. scmazter

scmazter

Umm, ok well glad to be of help :D

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/275997

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice