1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows will not load

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by kapperhead, Apr 23, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. kapperhead

kapperhead Thread Starter

I recently purchased a cd-rw burner and after intalling it my computer will do nothing on startup. The monitor goes on standby, the cd-rw just keeps running and windows will not load. My front panel light is red instead of green. If I unhook the burner and start my computer everything works. I can hook up the burner while the computer is running and the burner works fine, but if I shut my computer off it will not start up again. Someone please help!!! :mad: :confused:

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

When you installed the burner, what did you set the jumpers to?
    (master or Slave?)
    Is it on the same IDE (flat cable) as the HDD or a separate one?

Is the flat cable plugged in the correct way around?

3. kapperhead

kapperhead Thread Starter

I have it on slave and my dvd on master. It hooked to the flat cable from the dvd. It works but only if I start the computer and then hook the power cable to the burner. What can I do to fix this if anything? I don't like leaving the computer on all of the time.

4. A Hawk

A Hawk

It sounds like you have it connected properly, just double check your jumper settings to be sure. You could try making it the master and connect it without the dvd and see if the pc will boot. If it does try making the dvd the slave and connect it as well, and see what happens. If all this fails take it back to where you bought it and get another one because it is obviously faulty.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223091

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice