1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows will not pull up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by alavia.madani, Nov 10, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alavia.madani

alavia.madani Thread Starter

My computer was in sleep mode, and i couldnt get it out. I tried CTL+ALT+DEL, I unplugged the mouse and plugged it back in. I couldnt do anything to get it out of sleep mode. I had to turn the power off to my computer without shutting it down (I know this isnt good for the computer) in order to get it to restart. When i turned the power back on to my computer a black screen came up, and said Windows will restart in 20 Sec... or i could choose to "Start Windows to last setting that worked" "Start Windows in Safe Mode" "Start Windows in Networking Mode" and there was one other option that i cant remember. I chose each of them and the same thing happened with all. It would act like it was going to start windows, but then it would just take me back to this black screen with the same options. Also, When it would act like windows would start up, there is that blue screen where you can hit f10 for recovery, or f1 for setup or escape. I tried to hit f10, and it would just turn into a blue screen and freeze. I hit f1 but there wasnt anything there that looked like it would help.

2. hgibbs8129

hgibbs8129

reboot your computer and keep hitting F8 and a menu will pop up.
    Choose safe mode.
    dont pick system restore. go to safe mode. click the start menu and click on run..

and type chkdsk

Plug in your laptop while your doing this.

3. alavia.madani

alavia.madani Thread Starter

i don't have a laptop, why would i need to plug it in? will it make a difference??

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/650350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice