1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

windows will not start

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by steve102, Mar 30, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. steve102

steve102 Thread Starter

i have had my pc for four years now and untill a few months ago it was running fine. Things were not running propally so i decided i would reinstall xp. I did not recive an xp disc when i bought the computer brand new. This was a hp computer and they used hp recovery instead. So i ran this recovery and ran a full recovery (wipes hard drive completly and reinstalls xp). I got to about 80% complete and it started poping up saying that so and so file could not be recovered. About 100 diffrent files could not be recovered and i noticed most of them were system 32 files. I know that system 32 is the vital part of windows so i knew somthing was going wrong. The recovery finished and restarted the pc, but i got this error message "windows could not be started because load file needed DLLS for kernal" What do i do?

By the way this is a hp pavilon computer with windows xp home edition installed (well used to be installed anyway ;D)

i did the recovery from recovery cd's which the computer told me to make when i first got the computer

hope you can help, thanks guys

2. steve102

steve102 Thread Starter

by the way im doing this from another computer before you ask ;D

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

I would bet the hard drive is toast and that is the issue. You thought it finished and it really didn't and I have been here before with HP pc's.

4. chilkotardis

chilkotardis

Did you, by the way, back up your drive beforehand?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/698628

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice