1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Wireless Configuration Problem!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by MStrock, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MStrock

MStrock Thread Starter

I have a multi-computer home network... the router and modem are functioning properly, by my laptop refuses to connect when started up, but after going into the properties box for the wireless connection and checking the box "use windows to configure my wireless network settings" then the network is found and all is well. But every time I turn off and restart the computer it will not find the network until I go back into properties and check that box again. The check box refuses to stay checked. Is there a way to keep this box checked?

2. Macboatmaster

Macboatmaster Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

Go start in run type "services.msc" without quotes.
    Scroll down to Wireless Zero
    Double click that entry
    What is start up type
    If NOT automatic select by arrow to right and then Apply and OK as required.
    Restart computer Now go to Network connections and enable Windows to configure.
    Apply and OK
    Now restart
    How is it.

3. MStrock

MStrock Thread Starter

I tried the wireless zero and still, everytime the computer is restarted or goes dormant... I have to reselect to have windows configure... HELP!!!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976752

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice