1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows Wont Boot Up And I Need All Of My Data

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by ninerfan88, Apr 5, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ninerfan88

ninerfan88 Thread Starter

I Have A Windows Xp System. It Is A Desktop (gateway). Yesterday My Computer Crashed, And It Wont Load Windows At All. It Comes To The Black Screen With The Options Off Booting Windows Normally, Last Known Config, Safe Mode And The Others. I Cant Boot Windows In Any Of These Config's. I Have Everything For School, My Bills, My Music And Pictures. I Need To Back Up All Of My Data But I Cant Get Into Windows At All. Is There Anyone Out There With Suggestions To Help Me With This. That Data Is Very Important And I Need All Of It!

Thanks,

The Newbie

2. ozrom1e

ozrom1e

Welcome to TSG....

Well, since you did not have the system (Computer) backed up outside of spending a bunch of bucks (Money) on a data recovery service the only way you can do this is to remove the existing hard drive(s) from this computer and install them one at a time (if you have more than one hard drive) into another computer on the secondary IDE cable as a slave drive and when windows sees the drive then you can use a file manager like windows explorer, total commander or other that you prefer to manually search all of the important data and copy it to the hard drive that is in the computer, then when you are sure you have it all you can use a burner program to burn the data to a DVD or other media that your prefer.

Also you will need the recovery disk software for this computer so if you do not have that either then you will have to contact the manufacturer of the computer and order the proper software.

I have already been thru this procedure a whole bunch of times and understand what you are going thru. Remember to backup your data in the future with a good imaging program like acronis true image http://www.acronis.com

You will never be happier then,

bya

3. dwinches

dwinches

Sorry to hear of your problems, but I too know your pain.

I recently had a RAID array go down, where all the data was there, but not recognizable by Windows. My most recent solution to this type of disk/OS failure was to use Knoppix. This CD boot Linux distro is pretty easy to use (even for me, who is aware of all the wonderful things Linux can do, but I have never used it on a machine of my own). It is bundled with a DVD burning program that allowed me to backup everything to a series of DVDs and then reinstall fresh.

http://www.knoppix.org

Best of luck!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/700721

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice