1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows wont boot!!

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SmokeEater85911, Sep 22, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SmokeEater85911

SmokeEater85911 Thread Starter

i am running vista home premium on my other laptop. I also had Kubuntu installed but I wasnt using it much so I went into disk management and deleted the partition kubunu was on.. completely not thinking about the fact that it would mess up the boot..

so now when I try to boot up it goes from the toshiba screen to
    "GRUB Loading stage1.5.

GRUB loading, please wait...
    Error 22
    _" thats it i cant get into windows or safe mode or anything... PLEASE HELP i cannot format i need this stuff!!

2. SmokeEater85911

update: i found a similar post on another forum and they recommended using a windows disk (i had to use XP because its all i have) and i went into the recovery console (i was going to use fixmbr) and it says "Setup did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer"

AHH!

3. SmokeEater85911

well since nobody is even replying.. here's another update.. I used super grub disk and ran the fix windows boot.. so now it says BootMGR missing... and everywhere ive read says that the only way to fix this is to just simply run the repair from the windows dvd.. well I dont have one... the laptop only came with a system restore disk! (and I have no clue where it when DAMNIT!) would running an XP or 98 disk work?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/752307

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice