Windows wont detect Ipod Shuffle!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Nonn_azen

I've got windows 2k, and my problem is a common one with many Ipod users.

Currently my ipod shuffle isnt being detected by windows when its plugged in, it wont even recharge either, as if its not even there at all. Trying to reinstall the software did nothing. So I'm stuck here without a clue on what to do, it worked perfectly before. I've also started to notice that its battery life wasnt lasting very long anymore (Before it started refusing to charge). Any suggestions? And thanks in advance.

Nonn_azen said:
I've got windows 2k, and my problem is a common one with many Ipod users.

Currently my ipod shuffle isnt being detected by windows when its plugged in, it wont even recharge either, as if its not even there at all. Trying to reinstall the software did nothing. So I'm stuck here without a clue on what to do, it worked perfectly before. I've also started to notice that its battery life wasnt lasting very long anymore (Before it started refusing to charge). Any suggestions? And thanks in advance.
um...because...it's by apple? so it sucks? i dunno.

cheers,

roger

Welll i happen to disagree with the previous post...

I bought an ipod mini and ran into the same problem, the computer wouldnt recognize anything was even plugged in. I had to download and reinstall a USB 2.0 driver. After that everything worked fine.

Hope this helps

i got WinXPhome and my Ipod 30gb works without a hitch.... i would believe that it may be a driver issue cause your on Win2k?

but you said it worked fine before? on the same PC?
if your battery is loosing its charge, you may have to send it out to Apple and they will replace it.

iPods are the best damn MP3 players out there.

Nonn_azen

Hm, im not sure its the USB port with the problem, since every other usb device works fine. Yes it worked on the exact same pc before.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online