Windows won't detect the mouse.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

hornetsjet

Excuse me, the problem i having now is.....

When i was surfing internet, suddenly my mouse was stop responding and i restarted my computer. In the next time,
the windows ME couldn't detect my mouse anymore.....even they is no mouse icon was shown in the system properthy.
As i know the mouse i am using is an unbranded mouse..
Anybody know why??

Bryan

Bryan
Try starting Windows ME in SafeMode and see if you are then able to see and use the mouse.

To start in SafeMode, do this,

Restart the PC and press and hold down the CTRL key while the PC is starting up. You should get a Startup Menu with 3 options. Choose the Safe Mode option.

Once in SafeMode click on

Start>Settings>ControlPanel>System>DeviceManager.

Now click on the "+" next to "Mouse". Now hopefully you should see your Mouse appear underneath. Now right click on the Mouse if it does appear underneath and select Remove.

Now restart Windows into Normal mode,

Start>Shutdown>Restart. It should reinstall the mouse.

Let us know what happens.

hornetsjet

I've done the way u teach me, but the mouse also has no respond in safe mode and i can see the icon of mouse in system property and i removed it already..
After restarted again, it just like the same....is not work!!

Is that a driver problem? or missing some files in my com..?

Bryan

Bryan
I see you have two other post on this mouse problem. What, if anything, was done to PC to get it to this point where the mouse doesn't work at all? Did you try to install a new driver, edit any system files, etc .... Any background would help.

hornetsjet

Thanks a lot,
I've resolved my problem already....u know, my mouse was broken and i replace with a new one..

OK..thanz

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online