Windows won't fall asleep

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trombean

Hello everyone,

I'm having an issue in which Window's won't fall asleep on it's own. I've been searching this issue on google and troubleshooting for hours now and I'm a little frustrated. My display will go to sleep after the time specified, but my PC won't.

Things I have tried:
Made sure that the power settings are set to fall asleep after a certain time (duh)

In advanced settings enabled "When sharing media, allow the computer to sleep"
Disabled Hybrid Sleep

Opened the cmd prompt and used the command "powercfg -requests". Nothing popped up.

Went through device manager and unclicked the setting "allow device to wake up the computer" for most of the devices listed.

It sounds like there is something running in the background that is preventing the computer from sleeping. I would open task manager and attempt to close as many of the processes as possible. Be careful to not close something you need.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts