1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows wont install native drivers for plug and play devices

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Sanshyuum, Dec 7, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Sanshyuum

Sanshyuum Thread Starter

Hey guys, just found this forum and was hoping you could help...

No plug and play USB devices will work. Just poking around... looks like somehow all of my native USB drivers have been deleted.

Asks me to either find the drivers for the device or plug in a CD or else the install fails, and since the items are plug and play, there isnt a CD. Also for example on my keyboard, its plug and play, should be "HID Keyboard", but if I plug it into a different port and install it as such it says it wont work.

The only things that are USB that still work with my computer are my old items that I've had plugged into the same ports for months. If i change the port, the same thing happens.

Oh and if I'm in the Bios, everything seems to work fine. But unfortunately I havnt found a way to make the Bios control all USB devices

my "Universal Serial Bus Controllers" area in my native driver selection area is empty.

2. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    do you have Legacy USB devices enabled in BIOS?

3. Sanshyuum

Sanshyuum Thread Starter

4. dustyjay

dustyjay

First Name:
    Jay
    could you post your system spec? Make and model system if big box. Or if Custom built, Make and Model Mobo, Processor, Ram, Video, HDD, Optical Drive(s), any significant add on cards, OS (Xp or Vista).

If you are using XP you could try a Repair installation. here is a link to the instructions. This is not the repair console. http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm This will install windows without losing your present settings or documents. You will however have to install any service packs and updates not included on your swindows installation disc.

If this is a preinstalled version of WinXp and you do not have a full windows installation disc it will not work.

5. Sanshyuum

Sanshyuum Thread Starter

Its custom build..

Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    Intel Core 2 Quad 2.4GHZ
    4GB
    GeForce 8800 GTS
    XP Pro SP3
    WD 300 GB HD

6. Sanshyuum

Sanshyuum Thread Starter

Okay um I unistalled something called "generic USB hub " in devices to see if that would resolve the conflict, instead it stopped my mouse from working and reset my resolution... I'm on my phone at this point

7. Sanshyuum

Sanshyuum Thread Starter

okay.. restored while in safe mode (system restore wont work in normal mode) mouse is back up, but still nothing with the new USB devices.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/777099

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice