1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows won't load, run startup repair every time

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Jordster, Dec 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jordster

Jordster Thread Starter

Hi all,
    Lately my computer has been acting really strange via startup.

I got a WP7 Phone for Christmas, and installed Zune so I can sync to/from the phone (and Zune was/is a nightmare!). That was all sweet. The next day I started up my computer but it would not finish loading. It would display starting windows, with the clip playing and still continuing, but after 10 minutes or so it would not go past it. I launched startup repair, and it detected an issue on boot and still didn't work. I went into safe mode, and noticed that the day before Windows had installed an update. I uninstalled it and it fixed it. I booted up my computer fine after that.

However, the next day, it did the same thing. I went into startup repair, and it couldn't detect anything wrong with it (I created a restore point the day before incase I needed to do it again). I went into safe mode, and disabled Zune from starting up on boot. I restarted my PC thinking that it might be fixed, but it wasnt. I started up startup recovery again, and it said 'Unspecified changed to sstem configuration might have caused the problem. repair action: system restore'

The system restore didn't work. I went into safe mode again, had a look around, and looked for any more latest installed updates, incase it updated again, but the latest update was last month. I restarted my PC, and it still didn't boot. I tried booting up in debugging mode, and I was able to log in, but shortly after my computer hung.

So, frustrated, I loaded startup repair again. It detects nothing and says that the OS is booting fine. So, I restarted my computer, and it booted great.

Is there any reason to this? I'm worried I'll have the same problems when I restart my computer next or load it up tomorrow. Sorry for the long text, I hope it makes some sense.

Thanks in advance!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971289

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice