windows won't maximize (98 SE)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

robn

i recently had to reformat my hard drive and reinstall 98 SE and all drivers/sw. things worked for a few days..however, now i cannot maximize my windows (all apps. - i.e. word, ie 5.5, etc.) . the icon in the upper right corner indicates that the window is maximised and the settings under 'properties' also indicates that the app. is opening w/ a maximized window....but i have approx. 2 inches between the edge of my window and the task bar. i'm unable to click and drag the window to enlarge it.

Have you tried the controls on the front of the monitor? If that doesnt work then try reinstalling the video drivers like Dreamboat suggested.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online