1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows won't open in Vista

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by boomerang53, Jan 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. boomerang53

boomerang53 Thread Starter

I kept getting a "Windows can't open" error and had to run the start up repair. After a couple of days of this I Then did a total system restore. Now it is happening again. Any help on what I can do to fix this will be appreciated.

2. lunarlander

lunarlander

Did it say it can't open a certain file ?

3. boomerang53

No, it just said that windows could not open, and the Repair your computer screen comes up. It will run for a while and then ask if I want to restore back to a point when it worked correctely. I always say yes to this. Sometimes windows will open but sometimes it just is a blank screen and when I hard shut it down, it automaticly restarts and says windows is shutting down. I then turn it back on and windows will then open. Sometimes it takes a couple of tries to get it to open.
    I have done a total restore and it worked fine for a few days but then started this again.

4. lunarlander

lunarlander

Time to back up your stuff. The hard drive may be failing.

5. boomerang53

Thanks, not what I wanted to hear. How expensive are those? and what would you recommend?

6. lunarlander

lunarlander

The price depends on the size of the drive. Check out newegg.com, I hear they have good prices.

7. boomerang53

Thanks lunander. I did a error check/scan disc - the total one, and it seems to be working fine now. I should have tried that sooner but forgot about it. Must have been all the updates I did when I did the restore.

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976778

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice