Solved Windows won't reinstall!!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Glj429

My HP 250g3 laptop wouldn't connect to the internet, so I reset it. I clicked the option that keeps all of your personal files, plugged the charger in like it said and then let it reset. After 10 minutes I checked on it and it said it was setting up a few more things, when It got to 100% a thing popped up saying windows could not complete installation. To install windows on this computer, restart the installation. Every time I click enter so it can restart the installation it just ends up back at the pop up window that tells me to restart the installation. I don't know what to do, please help.

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
You appear to have a HP 250 G3 Notebook PC which originally came with Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit or Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
It sounds like there's an issue with its built-in factory reset files.
Hopefully, you have a current backup copy of your personal files, etc..
What's the exact product number and serial number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------

Glj429

You appear to have a HP 250 G3 Notebook PC which originally came with Windows 8.1 Home 64-bit or Windows 8.1 Pro 64-bit.
It sounds like there's an issue with its built-in factory reset files.
Hopefully, you have a current backup copy of your personal files, etc..
What's the exact product number and serial number on it?

---------------------------------------------------------------
I really don't understand tech stuff so I hope these are the right numbers.

Product: L9V87PA#ABG
Serial: CND5348D64

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
Product: L9V87PA#ABG
Serial: CND5348D64
According to those numbers, you have a HP 250 G3 Notebook PC with a warranty that expired about 2-1/2 months ago.

If your notebook was manufactured in 2014 or later, HERE are the instructions for doing a system recovery in Windows 8.

If your notebook was manufactured in 2013 or earlier, HERE are the instructions for doing a system recovery in Windows 8.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Glj429

According to those numbers, you have a HP 250 G3 Notebook PC with a warranty that expired about 2-1/2 months ago.

If your notebook was manufactured in 2014 or later, HERE are the instructions for doing a system recovery in Windows 8.

If your notebook was manufactured in 2013 or earlier, HERE are the instructions for doing a system recovery in Windows 8.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Thank you so much, I restored my laptop, still have my files on it and it's working like new.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online