Windows won't start after driver update (Windows 10)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

M.a.rt.in

Ok so I installed a programme on my pc called ITL driver updater which automatically detects and updated drivers. Once the first driver had finished updating, it told me to restart my pc so I did. Upon startup I was shown the Gigabyte start up screen and it said 'installing an update'. After this my pc restarted itself and from then on it hasn't been able to detect any input or output. The monitor says no signal, the keyboard doesn't work and nor does the mouse.
Any help would be massively appreciated!

TerryNet

Terry
Is there any indication at all that it is turned on and receiving power?

Why were you using a "driver updater" for multiple components?

crjdriver

OK, if your system is not completing POST, then windows really has nothing to do with the problem.
You can try the following;
1 System OFF and pw cord removed, open the side cover
2 Pull the pw connectors from ALL drives; both hd and optical
3 Reseat both atx and aux pw connectors on the motherboard. Be sure they are fully seated
4 Pull out the ram and blow the slot or slots out with a can of air [good idea to give the complete system a cleaning] Reinstall the ram and again be sure it is fully seated
5 If you have a real video card, remove the card and reseat. Note there is a latch that must be depressed to remove the card. DO NOT just yank it out; you will break the card or slot
6 Disconnect any usb devices ie printer, scanner, hub, etc. Leave the keyboard connected
7 Clear cmos with the clear jumper/pins. Read your motherboard manual as to the location of the jumper or pins
8 Replace the pw cord and attempt to pw ON. If the board does complete POST, then shutdown and start connecting devices one at time until you find the failed part. If the board will not POST, then you need to swap parts with known good units; ie pw supply, ram, motherboard, etc

crjdriver

One more item. After clearing cmos, it can take 30 seconds or so to complete POST so do not be in a hurry. After the first boot [if successful] then it should POST in a normal amount of time.

Hi M.a.rt.in, Please, never install a third party driver insulation from any source unless its from a well known and trusted source. Always be sure to download only driver updates from either your manufacturer or your operating system manufacturer such as Microsoft, Apple or whatever OS type you have. Unknown third party driver installations can pose a serious security risk to your computer's hardware and can cause extensive damage to your operating system.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online