Windows won't start on a dual boot macbook

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Trombean

My gf has a macbook that's dual boot. The mac side seems to be running good, but the windows side seems to be having problems. When she starts it, she gets the following error message...

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

You can attempt to repair this file by starting windows setup using the original setup CD-ROM. Select "r" at the first screen to start repair.

We don't have access to a windows CD, and also, when I ask her what version of windows it was, she says she doesn't know which complicates things a little... Could anyone guess what version it is from this? Is there any way to repair it without the windows CD? Also, what could have caused this problem?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
If she does not have a CD, how did she get this OS installed?
Where did she get her copy that was installed?

Trombean

It's her mom's boss's computer and she really doesn't want to say that it's having problems or else she'll get in big trouble :/

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Since it is a Work machine, I will have to back out of this one.
The machine needs to taken to the Work IT people and have them fix it. One should NEVER add or remove programs or operating systems on a work machine without permission of the Work place.
Sorry,

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts