windows word

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

shanewhite

using word in windows 98, when i save to A drive ( floppy disk )
it also saves in ''MY DOCUMENT'' how can i stop this.

is it actually saving the the My Documents Folder? Or is it listed on the start> documents menu?

If listed on the start menu, that's a shortcut. The last 15 are saved a recent shortcuts there.

If that is not the case and the doc is saved in both locations I am not sure. What version of Word are you using?

Post back.
there is a cure all for Word. That's finding Normal.dot and deleting it or renaming it. The next time Word is opened, a new normal.dot will be created. If you have created any Macros and saved them, they will, however, be lost.

Anne Troy

Anne
Do you mean that it's saving a backup file? Try Tools-Options, Save tab and make sure "always make backup" isn't checked.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online