1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Windows would not start Part 2 :(

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by da Prince, Jan 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. da Prince

da Prince Thread Starter

This happened a while ago and is now doing it again :(

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-xp/520741-solved-windows-could-not-start.html

But the fix didn't stick or there's another problem, now.
    This is the message after the memory test:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:

\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM

So I get to the setup and go into recovery console and I don't know what to do after that.

Please help. :)

2. da Prince

da Prince Thread Starter

3. Rich-M

Rich-M

4. da Prince

da Prince Thread Starter

Thank you Rich-M:)

I looked at the link you gave and checked what to do. I read the instructions a few times and got even more confused. :eek: After a while, I got frustrated and just reformatted the computer and reinstalled windows again. A few things did not "take" ie. javaperm.hlp, javaproxy.dll, jview.exe,msjava.dll, etc. and a few others, but the computer starts properly now and I don't know what may happen with the missing things above, so will leave this thread unsolved for now.

Thanks again, for your reply Rich-M (y)

5. Rich-M

Rich-M

6. da Prince

da Prince Thread Starter

At least I know how to install windows, now. Sort of. :rolleyes: :D

The computer in question is not hooked up to the Internet, so would I use your link and download the Java Runtime to a floppy (I say floppy because we've got lots, but can't find any blank CDs, as usual. Stupid brothers.:mad: ) using the computer I'm posting from and use the floppy to update the other? :eek:
    LOL I really am a newbie. :D

Thanks again (y)

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/538817

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice